So I saw that Illegally Blonde had posted this list she found in Glamour. I googled to see if I could find the article and I did. You can read the full article HERE. For the rest of us who just want to see the list here ya go…
By 30 you should have:
1. One old boyfriend you can imagine going back to and one who reminds you of how far you’ve come. I have a ex-boyfriend and ex-husband, I think I got this covered.
2. A decent piece of furniture not previously owned by anyone else in your family. Just got new living room furniture and I have a brandy new bed.
3. Something perfect to wear if the employer of man of your dreams wants to see you in an hour. Check!
4. A purse, a suitcase and an umbrella you’re not ashamed to be seen carrying. Check!
5. A youth you’re content to move beyond. Check!
6. A past juicy enough that you’re looking forward to retelling it in your old age. Oh it get juicier the older I get!
7. The realization that you are actually going to have an old age-and some money set aside to help fund it. This is becoming a realization.
8. A e-mail address, a voice mailbox and a bank account-all of which nobody has access to but you. Got this down to!
9. A resume that is not even the slightest bit padded. Not so much.
10. One friend who always makes your laugh and one who lets you cry. CHECK!!!
11.A set of screwdrivers, a cordless drill and a black lace bra. Check!
12. Something ridiculously expensive that you bought for yourself, just because you deserve it. More somethings than I should probably have.
13. The belief that you deserve it. I don’t believe I deserve it I KNOW I do!
14 A skin-care regimen, a exercise routine and a plan for dealing with those few other facets of life that don’t get better after 30. Yup I go this!
15A solid start on a satisfying career, a satisfying relationship and all those other facets of life that do get better. Solid start on a career. No so satisfying but it pays the bills and allows me to have some fun vacations! Relationship? I thought I had it but I was wrong. Well see what happens from here.
By 30 you should know:
1. How to fall in love without losing yourself. I can handel this.
2. How you feel about having kids. I want them.
3. How to quit a job, break up with a man and confront a friend without ruining the friendship. Been there done that.
4. When to try harder and when to walk away. One of my strong points.
5. How to kiss in a way that communicates perfectly what you would and wouldn’t like to happen next. From what I understand I got this down.
6. The names of: the secretary of state, your great-grandmother and the best tailor in town. I need some help with this one.
7. How to live alone, even if you don’t like to. I got this down and I like it!
8. How to take control of your own birthday. Considering I am thinking about going to Vegas or Cabo for my 30th I think I got this down.
9. That you can’t change the length of your calves, the width of your hips or the nature of your parents. I’m ok with this.
10. That your childhood may not have been perfect, but it’s over. It was perfect enough for me.
11. What you would and wouldn’t do for money or love. Check!
12. That nobody gets away with smoking, drinking, doing drugs or not flossing for very long. I guess I should start flossing a little more often huh?
13. Who you can trust, who you can’t and why you shouldn’t take it personally. Yup I know this.
14. Not to apologize for something that isn’t your fault. I’ve gotten past that too.
15. Why they say life begins at 30. Because it takes the first 30 years to learn the above!