So when I did We Want To Know link up a few weeks back I got a lot of responses with people asking me for my tips and tricks. I have been compiling a list for the past few days of things and here I am to share them with you my fabulous friends bullett style none the less
- Word Verification: TURN IT OFF! Okay seriously I am not gonna lie I HATE word verification. When I go to comment on someones blog and they have it I cringe. Do yourself a favor and turn it off and turn on comment moderation instead. Believe me a lot of bloggers will not comment if you have it on.
- COMMENT: I can not say it enough. COMMENT COMMENT COMMENT. We as bloggers LOVE to hear what you think and have to say about our posts.
- Non-Reply E-mail: Make sure your email address is visable so that you can get responses from your comments you leave for others. When I first started to blog I would leave commens and NEVER get a response and I was so confused as to why. Then Kelly showed me what was up and I will forever be thankful that she did.
- Comment Back: When someone takes the time to stop and comment on one of your posts make sure you take the time to stop by their page and comment as well. Also reply to their comments via email.
- DONT be Judgemental: Remember we all blog for ourselves. Therefore do not judge what someone else is posting. If you read a mommy blog dont bash said mommy on the way they are raising their kids. It THEIR kids they can do what ever they want with them. JUST SAYIN’
- Appreciation: We all love followers lets be real. Why not tell your followers how much you appreciate them.
- Auto Play Music: It’s annoying. Please turn it off. When I am at work sometiems I am afraid to go to new blogs for fear that some random song will start to play and I will get busted for not working.
- Write the Way You Talk: If you know me in real life as you read my blog you problably think to yourself wow I can totally hear Nikki saying that. I am a HUGE believer in writtign the way you talk. It will really express your personality and show who you are.
- BE REAL! Please please please for the sake of Pete -whoever Pete may be- be yourself. Don’t try to portray yourself as someone who you are not in real life.
- PICTURES: Who does not love to look at pictures?!?! I know I do! Try to add pictures in all your posts. I know it can be annoying or daunting to edit your pictures and get them up but believe me your readers will appreciate it.
- LINK UPS: Do them. They are fun. Also make sure you visit the blogs of other people who are doing the link up too! It’s a great way to meet new bloggers and make new friends!
- LOL’s: Ok so this may be a touchy one but I personally think when you are “Loling” at your own jokes it makes it look like you are trying to hard.
There ya have it ladies my personal tips and tricks. Take it for what its worth and use what you want or totally ignore everything I just posted its up to you!
What are your tips and tricks?