INSPIRE ME: HEALTHY Wk. 6

Dont Quote The Raven
I want to be honest with you.
Lately I have felt off.
Lately I feel like I am floating through my work outs.
I continue to eat healthy because that is a part of me.
I continue to work out because that is a part of me as well.
I think know its time for a change.
These past 2 weeks I have done both the NYC Color Run and the NJ Color Run.
I think I have FINALLY figured out what change I need.
I used to run very often.
I got burned out.
I didn’t realize back then when I was running daily that running daily for me was not a good thing.
I got bored.
I gave it up.
I didn’t realized until these past few weeks how much I actually miss it.
I’ve decided to pick it up again.
Things are gonna be different this time around.
I want to incorporate running back into my work our regimen.
I think I am gonna shoot for at least 1 to 2 days a week on top of my weight lifting and combat classes.
That pin couldn’t explain it any better.
The “pain” I have felt the last two weeks has been some of the best pain I have had in a while.
The runners pain.
You wouldn’t understand it unless you were a runner.
This pin is also true.
Running and me?
We don’t always see eye to eye.
But when we visit with each other we are happy to see each other.
As long as it is on good terms.
When I fist started running I went hard.
REAL HARD.
Everyday I was running 3-6 miles.
To much to soon.
I got burned and like I said I gave it up.
I don’t wan to give up this time.
I want to continue running.
I want to enjoy running.
My plan again is to continue my combat and weight training.
I will throw in a day or two of running.
I have also decided that I want to shoot for at least 1 5K a month.
At least through November.
Lobster and I have decided that our long race is gonna be the Unite 8K again.
Goals are good!

Source: tumblr.com via Nikki on Pinterest
Did you know that switching thing up in your work out routine is good?
If you have hit a stand still in your weight loss goals try changing something.
I bet you you will see a difference!

I know what I am switching up!

What are you switching up?
What goals are you setting for yourself?

I have 13 Lovely Comments, I would love to have yours... on INSPIRE ME: HEALTHY Wk. 6

Anna says:
    September 6, 2012

Congrats on re-discovering running! I first discovered it early this year and have been changing up the pace with what I do on the road and other workouts like Body Pump and less impact cardio. You’re right that nothing feels as good as running!

Visiting from the Inspire Me link up, have a great day!

Kenj says:
    September 6, 2012

Ohhhh do I hate running! Hahaha but again I do it. I do choose other forms of cardio 98% of the time..I just get bored….same motion for 30 minutes…I hate it…but again for some reason I always go back!

Lora says:
    September 6, 2012

You go girl! I think running just a few days a week is a good idea. I get burnt out easily too.

Stopping by from the linkup. Thanks for the inspiration. 🙂

Arika says:
    September 6, 2012

I think I’ve caught the running bug. Never liked it before but now that I’m getting into shape I can really feel a difference in my endurance. That feeling of going faster and farther each time, is kind of addicting.

Thank you for sharing these inspirational pins! I Love the Top 15 Reasons to Run. Makes me want to run outside right now and keep running.

Good luck!

P!nky says:
    September 6, 2012

Good for you girlie! I feel the same, I love running and missed it when I couldn’t run!

I need to work on mixing up my workouts too!

xoxo

Alisa Marie says:
    September 6, 2012

I’ve tried to be a runner, but I get bored and I’m really terrible at it! I max out at about 3 miles! Good luck getting back into it 🙂

Cara says:
    September 6, 2012

I’ve always HATED running but it is just something I push myself to do. I definitely feel you on the love/hate thing with running. I also think that too many people ONLY run and don’t focus on any weight or strength and that really hurts them as well. Keep up the good work! I know you will get back to where you want to be with running and love it again. That is just something that never really leaves your mind 🙂

Amy says:
    September 6, 2012

I completely agree, I’ve always had a love/hate relationship with running too. It is by far one of my favorite ways to exercise, but if I’m not in the mood for it? No good.

I’ve been training for a half marathon lately, and I love feeling my body get stronger and better at running. It’s such a great feeling! How were those color runs? They look like so much fun! I really want to do one!

September 7, 2012

loving your positive attitude and optimism, girl!

I’m a new reader of yours- looking forward to your future posts! 🙂

Rachel says:
    September 7, 2012

oh i so feel this post! i ran my first and only 1/2 marathon last october. never ran before that. i ended up injuring my knee and havent ran since. i just started working out last week and alllllllli wanna do is run! its the worst and the best all at once! you go girl!!

-Emily- says:
    September 7, 2012

I felt sooo much better when I was running everyday. It really made me feel like a different person. I want to get back to it!

September 7, 2012

I think I am getting close to needing a change too. I can relate.

Megan says:
    September 8, 2012

I know what you mean! I use to be a big runner but once I was done with soccer and I was just running for fun…it lost the fun there was no push in it unless I pushed myself to reach new goals. Great post and good luck with everything! I look forward to reading more!