Hurricane Sandy Aftermath…

Friends I am okay!
I was gonna wait to post this tomorrow but I figured I would go ahead and throw it up now.
My driveway and dog pen and garage may not be quite so good but at least my dogs and I are alive and well!
I always say living things cant be replaces but my stuff can be.

Last night I got a phone call from my neighbor saying that there was a tree down in my yard.
I was not that worried about it.
Again THINGS can be replaced lives cant.

Today I ventured to my house and this is what I found.

This is what I found when I first pulled into my driveway.
Fun right?
I KNOW!
This is the tree that is on top of my house looking from the front of the house.
This is the back of my house.
The tree is actually my neighbors tree.
Fact: last winter we had a freak snow storm and that same tree ripped down my gutters.
Neighbors tree that fell into my driveway and back deck.
This is the tree that is on my roof again just another angle.
This was the dogs pen.
Puppies loved this pen.
I will get them a new one.
Damn you Sandy!
Open my back door and hey look there is a tree!
Cool right?
This is whats left of the Morgan Marina which is right down the street from my house.
All the boats that were in the marina are now in the woods.
This is the boardwalk that I used to walk the girls down.
The same boardwalk.
Again the boardwalk.
This is the brand new gas station that was just put in around the corner from my house.
I had no clue that the pumps could do that.
That cant be good.
So I was not “supposed” to be able to get to my house.
I wound up having to “sneaky pete” my way to my house.
I got to the house and when I was done around the house I jumped back into the truck and tried to go back to my moms.
I failed miserably.
I wound up taking my truck back to my house and leaving it in my driveway and started to walk.
Seriously I walked about 3 miles till I was able meet my mom somewhere she could pick me up.
At least I got a work out in right?!?

So yeah the damage is terrible and I am just glad that my family and I are okay!
Please keep the east coast in your prayers as we try to rebuild.

I have 18 Lovely Comments, I would love to have yours... on Hurricane Sandy Aftermath…

Jane says:
    October 31, 2012

I just can’t get over these pictures. It’s one thing to see them on the news. It’s another thing to see them straight out of a friend’s camera. I’m so glad you all are safe and sound!

October 31, 2012

So sad! I hope you can get everything cleaned up soon. I’m in Philadelphia and thankfully we didn’t have too much damage. My boyfriend’s family has a house in Wildwood Crest – they haven’t heard how it fared during the storm yet. Our fingers are crossed! Good thoughts to you guys as you rebuild!

October 31, 2012

Yikes, girl! That’s awful!

Thankfully, we did okay in South Jersey, but the shore houses are NOT looking good. It’s going to be another 10 days or so before we can get over there 🙁

October 31, 2012

Wow this is absolutely horrible. I am glad that you are ok.

Leslie says:
    October 31, 2012

My thought are with you. I am glad that everyone is okay (pets included).

J and A says:
    October 31, 2012

Oh my gosh. 🙁 I’m so sorry. But soooooo glad you are ok!!’ And the pups.

Alison says:
    October 31, 2012

That’s so crazy. I’m still in shock at all of it. I’m glad you’re okay!

Sara says:
    October 31, 2012

Wow haven’t had power in 26 hours and just catching up on my blog reading. This storm was no joke but I am so glad you weren’t home when the tree fell.

Ashley says:
    October 31, 2012

You totally have the right mentality – those things can all be fixed, at least you and your family are safe!!!

Alyssa says:
    October 31, 2012

Oh my goodness! These pictures are so crazy!! Glad to hear you’re doing okay though- that’s the most important part.

Holly says:

wow so crazy! Glad you’re ok 🙂

Michelle says:
    October 31, 2012

I’m glad you are okay, but so sorry about the damage to your (and millions of others’) property! Mother Nature can sure be a destructive bitch!

P!nky says:
    October 31, 2012

I’m so so sad for the damage, but super glad you are safe!

xoxo

elise says:
    October 31, 2012

prayers headed your way. so glad you are safe!

November 1, 2012

HOLY CRAP. I am SO sorry for your loss, how devastating. Glad you are all ok and hope that life can get back to normal soon!

November 1, 2012

Oh no, the boardwalk we walked on two summers ago!!!!!!!

And lucky that tree didn’t tear your house up, or your garage!!!!

shay says:
    November 2, 2012

i’ve been thinking of you – and glad you are ok with not too much damage. we’re still without power, but luckily no major damage. my parents lost a tree in their yard too but thats about it. i’m going to try to find a place to volunteer at the shore this weekend. if you know of anywhere that needs volunteers email me!