Back to “Normal”

Hey there chickens!
It’s Monday.
It’s the frist Monday in 2 weeks that I am back to work.
I got this.
Life is getting somewhat back to “normal.”

Trying to get back into the swing of things is never easy after a disaster like Sandy.

As I mentioned I got my power back on Wednesday night but was stuck at my moms for the night thanks to the foot of snow that was slammed on us.
Fun stuff right?
I got home Thursday and decided to take advantage of the fact that my fridge was empty and deep clean it.
I also cleaned the house.
Not so fun but needed to be done.
Friday I hit up the gym in the morning and then decided I needed to take some time for myself and treat myself to a mani and pedi.
Trivial but I needed it, it had been a long almost 2 weeks at this point.
Saturday was a day full of errands and catching up.
I decided it was time.
Time to restock the house with food and alcohol.
Lobster and I headed to BJ’s for food.
We figured since we both needed to restock out houses it would be best to just go get everything in bulk and split it.
$650 dollars later we are both broke but the good news is we have enough food between both of our houses to last easily 2 months and even better news I have wine and Cafe Patron.
Life is once again complete.
Sunday I thought it would be fun to take Rylie and let her run at the park.
Lobster meet us with his boys and the three of them had a blast.
Then we wound up going for a 2 mile walk through the park.
From there I took Rylie and headed to my moms to make some baked ziti.
While that was cooking I did a at home resistance circuit.
I went home watched the horrible excuse of a Jets game and called it a night.

Here it is Monday and I am back at work and just trying to get into the swing of things.

In other news I signed up for my next 5K race!
Saturday December 8 I will be running in the Big Chill!

Lobster and I did this run last year and we decided we wanted to do it again this year.

How was your weekend?

I have 8 Lovely Comments, I would love to have yours... on Back to “Normal”

Courtney M says:
    November 12, 2012

Glad to hear you’re getting back to “normal” and that you took some time for yourself & got a mani/pedi

November 12, 2012

Glad to hear that you are getting back to normal! 🙂 Nothing better than a mani/pedi.

shay says:
    November 12, 2012

F’ing Jets man… there was some major screaming and cussing in our house last night. LOL

November 12, 2012

Hooray for getting back to normal-ish! Crazy that Wednesday you had a foot of snow and yesterday it was sunny and not a view of snow? I love that! Happy f’ing Monday. 🙂

Jane says:
    November 12, 2012

I can’t believe it took that long to get power back! I’m so glad you are finally getting things a little more back to normal though. OMG I have that exact same issue when I buy in bulk. Everything is such a good price and $400 later I have enough razors to last me a lifetime and more kimchi that any normal household needs.

November 13, 2012

You are getting slammed with bad weather! Here’s hoping you have a few calm weeks before the real winter starts!

Megan says:
    November 13, 2012

So glad you’re back in your home! What an great feeling that must be! I’m a new follower AND a new blogger. I’m looking forward to following you and continuing to be inspired by your fit and healthy lifestyle! I’d love it if you stopped by my new (and very much under construction) blog, as I try to share my adventures in Australia after moving here from Texas.

Have a great week!