Haters Gonna Hate

Hi friends.
Today I wanna take a few minutes and talk about something that burns me.
Like BURNS me.
Yesterday I took a trip to the cafeteria to get a small soup to go with my turkey sandwich I brought from home.
 I get back to my desk and start to enjoy my lunch.
That’s when my normally peaceful lunch took a turn for the worst.
One of the asshats I work with made a comment…
“Eating a bit much there aren’t you Nikki?”
Ummmmm EXCUSE ME???
Lets just say it took ever last ounce of me not to get up and give said asshat a verbal lashing.
What I would have done to say something along the lines of…
“I’m sorry asshat but who the f*ck do you think you are commenting on what I am eating?
Lets remember that I am the one who lost 130 pounds and you sir

are the fat slob who has gained 50.
So I would highly suggest instead of investing your time and energy in what I am eating maybe turn that energy and concern to yourself and change your lunch options.
While your at it I would LOVE to see you manage the feat I managed.
K?
 Thanks!

Have a nice day!”
But what did I do?
I quietly sat at my desk held my tongue and ate my lunch.
That is after I posted to Twitter and Facebook…
“Why do people have a need to make comments on my food choices. I’m the one who lost 130 pounds I think know what I’m doing. Asshats!
So basically what I am getting at is lets remember the golden rule here shall we…
**Big shout out thank you to Ms. Networking for the illustrations!**

I have 27 Lovely Comments, I would love to have yours... on Haters Gonna Hate

Michele Lash says:
    November 28, 2012

People are unbelievable. Just remember that this comment was more about him and not you.

Mary Long says:
    November 28, 2012

I love the illustrations! Gives the story a whole new dimension! I think everyone works with at least one person like that… I have two: “You can eat all that?” Why yes, unlike you that eats a half of club roll with turkey, I do enjoy a whole sandwich (or soup, or salad)!! Or my favorite while I am trying to eat, “How’s the diet going? If your hungry later, I have crackers and chips if you want them- just sayin'”. No thanks, i have healthy snacks for later. Grrr How many times do I have to say it’s a lifestyle change NOT a diet! Thanks for the support (asshat!)
    Some people just need to be in everyone’s buisness!! LOL

I like the illustrations. They’re hysterical! 😀

Haters are gonna hate. That’s the world we live in. You know you’re awesome, don’t let some asshat ruin your peaceful lunch time!

Kate says:
    November 28, 2012

You go girl! Some people haven’t learned, er… manners? yet. Even if you didn’t say anything, you still won.

Cassidy says:
    November 28, 2012

High five. I on the other hand would have lashed out, that or I’d have gotten even and reported it and made it look like the man was beating me with a stick. You go girlfriend!

November 28, 2012

Wow people really suck!!! Ugh!

November 28, 2012

That’s okay. I love it when I tell people what I can eat. Then i tell them if I don’t eat, then my body is going to go into starvation mode and I will ultimately look like them. So boom that shuts anyone up. I’m a stinger sister! xoxo. 😉

Coley says:
    November 28, 2012

Wow, what an ass!!! A small soup & sandwich? Seriously? Kudos for keeping quiet, I don’t think I could have done it.

I love this post though and all the perfectly coordinated memes!

November 28, 2012

What a freaking dumbass. Like seriously? A soup w/a sandwich? Um, I have that like all the time. Good for you for biting your tongue. I might have tossed the soup on him. And you’re right; haters gonna hate. Keep it up girl!

November 28, 2012

What a dumbass. Seriously? I have a soup and sandwich all the time. And the gall to comment after he gained weight? Ugh. I would’ve thrown my soup on him. You have more class than I do. Kudos and keep it up!

Cara says:
    November 28, 2012

People are so damn rude, I can’t even stand it. I love these pictures by the way.

KT says:
    November 28, 2012

the pics alone totally make this post!!

But yeah, people are gonna be jealous and they’re gonna try to bring you down. I say kick em in the head and keep on doing it like a boss!

November 28, 2012

what an absolute jerk-o! I can’t stand people like that! I don’t think I would have been as composed as you to not respond with something equally as rude. Holla for taking the high road!!

Courtney M says:
    November 28, 2012

Unbelievable that someone would comment on what you eat! Besides the fact that you lost all that weight- you are by far the fittest person I know!! WTF…

I’m glad you were the bigger person in this situation.

PS- I never heard the word asshat before but it’s now my fav!

November 28, 2012

Ugh, people are so unbelievable! Nice job not saying anything…I don’t know if I would have been able to.

Gigi says:
    November 28, 2012

It is true haters will hate but this post… I LOVE! lol

Megan says:
    November 28, 2012

The NERVE! You definitely took the higher road than this fool. Good for you!

November 29, 2012

Umm, #1: Illustrations? Perfection.
    #2, and most important: you work your ass off every week. You have lost 130 lbs and kept it off. You, my dear, are freaking AMAZING! Jealous people suck and hate themselves and only know how to be stupid to others. I LOVE YOU!! 🙂

November 29, 2012

What a douche. I can’t stand people like that. And you’re right, haters gonna hate.

November 29, 2012

This post cracked me up.. love the pictures! 🙂 They fit perfectly with the story.
    And I’ll admit I judge what people are eating, but one example is our overweight receptionist who tells me she wants to lose 10lbs and yet is drinking her Coke and eating her fried chicken and cornbread.. I won’t judge your food if you’re eating it for a purpose. And as a girl who works out, a girl’s gotta eat!

Janna Renee says:
    November 29, 2012

OMG I love you, I love your cartoons, and I want to punch that “Asshat” in the face for you. You are AMAZING and he’s just jealous!!

SEL says:
    November 29, 2012

Why people feel that it’s okay to comment on what others eat, do, etc., is beyond me. People can be so classless and rude. I’m sorry you experienced it firsthand.

But really? The illustrations are perfect. At least you have a good sense of humor. Even if an asshat commented on your teeny tiny amount of food.

xo

November 30, 2012

Ugh mr fatty needs to shut the f up I would have said something mean back but I’m proud you don’t!

Michael Z says:
    November 30, 2012

I just love that you said asshat. That is one of my FAVE words!