Sandy Aftermath Take 2

Hey friend!
So I shared with you the other day some of the aftermath of Sandy but today I am here to share some more and the clean up effort getting the tree off my house.
What a headache.
I am so so thankful for my brother and all his help.
Seriously if it wasn’t for him I would have been shit outta luck!
Ya know that saying “Boys and their toys”
Well that saying suits my brother perfectly.
He rolled up to my house with his toy and went to work.
My mom, Ray, Lobster and I all pulled tree branches to the front of the house.
We also were able to salvage some of the tree trunk for my moms wood burning stove.

Here is some of the video I managed to snag.

As of today I have heard that most people will get power back by Wednesday the 7th but those of us who are in the hard hit shore area could be looking at 10 days past that.
This sucks!
I am trying to stay positive because I am lucky enough to be able to stay by my moms house.
Thankfully mom has a generator so we have power and heat which makes things so much easier to deal with.

The devastation that has be caused is just so heart breaking!
I found this site that has before and after pictures of what Sandy has done to us.
I also found out that our Governor has singed an order to ration gas in 12 counties and yes I live in one of them and my mom happens to live in another.
Fun right I know!

Friends please please please pray for the NY/NJ area.
We are all dealing with a situation that none of us were ready for or equipped to handle.
If you can please donate to the Red Cross Here.

I have 13 Lovely Comments, I would love to have yours... on Sandy Aftermath Take 2

Jamie Lee says:
    November 3, 2012

still thinking about ya! need anything let me know!

xoxo

Allie says:
    November 3, 2012

The photos are heartbreaking, I’m still in disbelief that this has happened. I’m so sorry you still don’t have power and I hope you get it back sooner than anticipated! If you need ANYTHING let me know!

November 3, 2012

Those photos are horrible and heartbreaking. Sending lots of prayers your way!

lil desiqua says:
    November 3, 2012

Oh man- that is so crazy. Your bro is pretty freakin awesome though. I hope you get electric and heat soon! Hang in there!

Beth Lane says:
    November 3, 2012

Please let me know if you need anything!!

J and A says:
    November 3, 2012

Oh my gosh. What a mess!! So glad you have lots of help. Wish I was closer.

Jessica says:
    November 3, 2012

Oh my gosh. I am so glad that you and your pups are safe and have a warm place to stay. Hopefully you can get back into your house sooner rather than later. I’ll be keeping you and the rest of the East Coast in my prayers!

November 3, 2012

Aw Nikki! I’m so sorry that your home was damaged and you are still without power! Here for you if you need ANYTHING!

November 5, 2012

I know I have my brother in law and his fiancee at my house, but if you need a hot shower and food you’re more than welcome. The gas station right outside my house is never more than a 5 minute wait so just shoot a text if you’re in need.

Xoxo!!!!

SEL says:
    November 5, 2012

Oh friend. I’m glad you’re able to get some type of reprieve from Sandy at your mom’s house.

Looks like Sandy took a toll on your house.

If you need anything, don’t hesitate to let me know.

xo