Why Living Alone is A OKAY with Me!

News flash friends…
I live alone.
Well kinda alone. I do have Rylie and Zoe but lets be honest I live alone. I do not share my home with another human being and ya know what I am A OKAY with that. Wanna know why? There are plenty of reasons…

I can sleep how ever I want!
I have a king size bed and if I want to sleep diagonally across the bed guess what? I can! If I wanna sleep on the right side one night and the left side the next, I can! If I wanna sleep so my head is at the foot of the bed and my feet are at the head of the bed yup you guessed it I CAN!
The temperature in the house is always to my liking!
I am NEVER cold or hot in my house and if I am I can fix it without having to worry about if the other person in the house is to hot or to cold. Selfish? Maybe but a perk non the less! In the winter the heat is set at 67* and I bundle up in sweats because I enjoy it and in the summer the house is at a comfortable 72* and I don’t have to worry about being cold thanks to the air conditioner.
I can take as long or as short as I want to get ready.
When I have somewhere to go sometimes I do not want to rush to get showered dressed and out the door so if I wanna take 2 or 3 hours to get ready I can! Don’t get me wrong I can’t be showed dressed and ready to be out the door in 45 minutes if I have to but something about taking your time to get ready is so nice! I can also pee with the bathroom door open if I wanna and walk around butt naked if I wanna. Although you can do this if your married to your roommate but if not ya gotta have clothes on.
The state of disaster my house is in is up to me.
What I mean by that is I can live outta the laundry basket if I don’t feel like putting away the laundry. Currently I have a laundry basket full of clothes folded in my living room because I don’t feel like putting them away. My dining room table is cluttered with crap. It serves as my catch all. I throw my purse on there my work bag I hang my jacket on the chair and I’m fine with it. If I don’t feel like doing the dishes I can leave them in the kitchen sink. Granted I personally can not go to bed with a sink full of dishes but if I make breakfast in the morning you bet your bottom dollar I don’t wash em till I get home from work. But with all that said you better believe if I am having people over that shit gets cleaned up and straighted up.
There’s food in my house that I like!
I can go food shopping and get what I like and not have to worry about it all dissapreariang before I get to eat it. I can buy something and it will stay in the cabinet or fridge till I choose to cook it or eat it. Ad speaking of eating I can eat on the couch if I wanna, or I can eat standing up in the kitchen, or in bed for that matter. It’s all up to me!
The TV stays on whatever channel I put it on!
When I lived with my ex it never failed if I wass watching TV and got up to go to the bathroom I’d come back and he would have changed the channel on me. do you har any idea how frigging annoying that is?!? Now if I get up I hit pause and it stays there till I get back!
GLORIOUS!
Overall I have to say I honestly LOVE living alone. Now don’t get me wrong I did also love living with my ex but right now living alone totally sutis me well.

The best thing about living alone?
I answer to no one and I can come and go as I please.

What are your thoughts on this?

I have 20 Lovely Comments, I would love to have yours... on Why Living Alone is A OKAY with Me!

December 28, 2012

I love this post! I’m never going to have the opportunity to live alone since I’m getting married so young, but it sounds fabulous 🙂 I think my favorite part would be not having to clean up other people’s messes. When I lived in an apartment with roommates, I was constantly saying, “Who spilled cereal all over the floor and didn’t clean it up?” or “WHY has your laundry exploded ALL over our bedroom?” It got really old really fast!

December 28, 2012

As much as I love my husband and kids, I wish I had the oppourtunity to live alone. You know I’m a homebody so your way of living at home is RIGHT UP MY ALLEY 😀

Xoxo

P!nky says:
    December 28, 2012

Girl I’m with you, I LOVE living alone too. I had a terror of a roomie a few years ago and living alone is amazing.

If i leave the house messy, I come back to it messy and that’s okay. if I leave it clean, I KNOW it will be clean when I get back!

LOVE IT !!!!

xoxo

SEL says:
    December 28, 2012

This post amuses me. 🙂 I’m glad you’re happy with where you’re at right now. That’s all that matters.

KT says:
    December 28, 2012

I totally agree with this post! Rock on sistah!

Btw, I have a laundry basket full of folded clothes on my couch as I write this.

December 28, 2012

I agree with you to an extent. Living alone definitely has it’s perks, but there are things I like about co-habitating too. Tilly and I are the queens of the house now!

Michael Z says:
    December 28, 2012

PREACH!!!

I live alone too and it’s GLORIOUS! The bf sleeps at my house probably 5x a week and I’ll be honest, it’s starting to cramp my style O_o

December 28, 2012

The funny thing is living with my husband is actually easier than living alone was for me. He is really relaxed and laid back he doesn’t really care too much what happens around the house. Plus for me it’s nice to have someone to talk to 🙂

Beth Lane says:
    December 28, 2012

After having some careless roommates, living alone was much appreciated.

Abbey says:
    December 28, 2012

I live by myself too! I think it has its pluses but also drwbacks. Love that the only mess is my mess and that the toilet is always clean. I love the best and quiet and being able to sleep when I want and eat what I want with out feeling guilty. I also find it really lonely at times.

December 28, 2012

I lovelovelove living alone, and if I could afford it, I totally would. Since I can’t afford it, I am thankful that my roommate pretty much just hides in his room (as creepy as that is). He’s not a creeper, he cleans up after himself, and pays rent each month (although he could work on the timeliness of that payment). Anyhoo, I love living alone and doing my own thing!

Cara says:
    December 29, 2012

I LOVEDDDDDD living along. I loved eating Trader Joes Orange Chicken in my undies on the couch. Just because I could. I loved having a gorgeous place that I decorated for ME and didn’t have to consider anyone else’s design taste. Live alone as long as you can because I feel like its something that you can’t go back to most of the time. Enjoy it! I’d do it again in a hot minute.

December 29, 2012

Oh getting ready uninterrupted would be so nice! M nags every day.

Shannon says:
    December 29, 2012

I live alone too, and couldn’t agree more with this list!

Tara (Me+) says:
    December 29, 2012

I am jealous. I have actually never lived alone for more than a few months. You definitely make a few legit points! Love it! Tara xo

Kaileigh says:
    December 30, 2012

After moving back home, this list is making me miss the days of living on my own.

– Kaileigh @ Somehowchaotic.blogspot.com

Celia says:
    December 30, 2012

The bed thing. Seriously SO jealous! I naturally sleep diagonally, without fail every night the mister pushes my legs back to my side of the bed 😛

Mama2Kayden says:
    December 30, 2012

This post is sooo spot on!!! Love ALL your reasons and Happy almost New Year!!!

Mama2Kayden says:
    December 30, 2012

Your post is soooo spot on!! Love all your reasons and Happy *almost* New Year!

lilshrimpit says:
    December 31, 2012

I live alone too!! Ok, I have my little dog Kaya. But living alone is great. You also get to invite whoever you want over whenever you want 😀