Why I Workout…

I was on Facebook today and I came across a picture that was shared on another page.
Source: Uploaded by user via Nikki on Pinterest
It got me thinking. People ask me all the time why do I work out?
To be honest I workout for all the reasons that are stated above. I also have to throw in there that I work out so I can eat whatever I want. I workout because I am deathly afraid of gaining the weight back that I lost, but most of all I workout…
BECAUSE I CAN
There are so many people out there who physically CAN’T workout and I honestly feel bad for them. Why? Because they will never get a chance to feel that workout high. They will never get to see if it is something they enjoy or not. When I first started working out I was scared shit. I will admit it. I was scared it was going to hurt. Guess what it did and ya know what it still does. But ya know what that hurt feels amazing.
Source: 25.media.tumblr.com via Nikki on Pinterest
I workout because I genuinely enjoy it. Call me crazy but I do! I look forward to my workouts. I make my workouts a priority in my life. Do I let working out rule my life?
No I do not.

I take rest days. I have days where I don’t feel like working out and ya know what that is ok! Not only is it ok but it is normal. Your body needs a break. I am big advocate for listing to your body. Your body will tell you when you need to relax. With that said I can not stand when people tell me I need to chill out with working out.
No I do not.

I do not go around telling you you need to stop doing something you enjoy so what gives the right to tell me that I have to stop doing something that I enjoy?
NOTHING.

If you don’t like that I workout that is fine you dont have to like it but you also need to keep your comments to yourself. You do not know what is best for me and my body.

I DO.

You do not know what I have been through and where I have come from.

I DO.

You do not have a say in how I live my life.

I DO!

FacebookInstagramEmailTwitter
PinterestBloglovinRSSGoodreads

I have 13 Lovely Comments, I would love to have yours... on Why I Workout…

Amanda* says:
    January 9, 2013

You tell ’em girl! And work off that booty!!! Jeaousy is a horrible thing 🙂

P!nky says:
    January 9, 2013

Good for you girl!

As long as you are healthy, no one should tell you ANYTHING about working out.

I love being sore too.

I haven’t been in so long, but I LIVED for the gym a few years ago.

I need to step it up!

Keep up the great work!

Shanny says:
    January 9, 2013

Love it, do it for you and take no worries about anyone else! I need to get my behind in gear after the holidays too so this “I workout” pic/saying/poster/thingy comes in handy for some inspiration right now =)

Lisa says:
    January 9, 2013

so glad you shared that! i feel the same way!
    and i really love being sore too! haha!

January 9, 2013

I love this SO VERY MUCH! You are so very right. There are many people who would do anything to be able to move freely, without pain or restrictions. And we can. So we do! GREAT WORK FRIEND!

J and A says:
    January 9, 2013

You rock. I love this post and those quotes. So awesome.

Allyssa says:
    January 9, 2013

People who tell you to lay off the exercising are just jealous! You working out is making them feel bad about themselves, so rather than joining in, they try to make you stop. It’s really a shame.

I hope one day I feel the same way you do about working out. When I do happen to work out, I love it, but I need to make it more of a priority!

January 9, 2013

You tell ’em! Do what you love for you!

Also, being sore really is the best feeling in the world!

Mary Long says:
    January 9, 2013

My favorites are “You need to indulge some times!” Or “Live a little!”
    I AM living – MY WAY! Those people are just jealous…. I just ignore them now but I didn’t use to.

Megan says:
    January 10, 2013

You’re inspiring- keep it up! And you’re right- being sore is such a satisfying feeling!

I’ve been wondering- do you follow any type of eating program? I’m one of those people that no matter how much I work out, if I don’t watch my calories carefully, I will gain weight. So I’d be interested to know what, if anything, you use or have used in the past.

January 10, 2013

Love this! I hate when others judge people about things like that. I’m not you & your not me & that’s all there is to it. You keep doing what your doing, because it’s working for YOU! = )

Nichole says:
    January 10, 2013

Some people always have an opinion! Glad you don’t listen to them 🙂