Cherry Blossom Festival DC April 2013

Cherry Blossoms…

photo IMG_6986_zps89571ffd.jpg

I LOVE them.

photo IMG_6997_zps10677f15.jpg

I think they are so dang pretty!

So a few weeks back I saw a really good deal with Livingsocial for a boat ride on the Potomac in DC. I snagged that sucker up and Saturday Mr. Big Truck and I spent the day down in DC. We had such a good time! The weather was PERFECT and the Cherry Blossoms were in PEAK bloom!

When we first got there we went right to Washington Harbor where we caught the boat. It was a nice 45 minute tour down the Potomac which some really pretty views!

photo PicMonkeyCollage2-11_zps041923c3.jpg
1. View of Lincoln Memorial from boat.
2. Waiting for the boat at the dock.
3. Mr. Big Truck
4. Washington Monument and some pretty Cherry Blossom Trees from the boat.

After the boat ride we stopped to get something to eat and while we were there we asked the waiter if the memorials were all in walking distance. He said they were not so we hopped in a cab and saw our lives flash before our eyes. Seriously the cab driver SUCKED. Thankfully we made it and decided we didn’t care how far we were walking, we were walking back to the truck!

We hit up the Lincoln Memorial then went down to the Washington Memorial, WWII Memorial and then finally made it to the Capital Building.

photo PicMonkeyCollage3-8_zpscef35f8f.jpg

I spaced and only snapped a few pictures with my camera.
The rest are all on my phone.
OOPS!

While we were walking we came across a Church with a little courtyard that had so many Cherry Blossom Trees so we walked through there as well. It was BEAUTIFUL!

photo PicMonkeyCollage-26_zps5a2f8141.jpg

From the Capital Building we made our way up Pennsylvania Ave to the White House and then made our way to Georgetown. I wanted to stop at Georgetown Cupcake but there was a 2 hour wait and I am sorry I was not waiting for that.

Round trip we figured we did about a good 5 to 6 miles of walking all day. We didn’t feel like it was all that much because we talked, laughed, and just really enjoyed each others company all day.

We hit the road and decided to stop in Baltimore at the Inner Harbor for dinner which was phenomenal! We have also decided that we will be taking a day trip there soon!

We didn’t get home till about 12:30/1am but it was totally worth it!

If you ever have the chance to go to DC I highly suggest you go!

FacebookInstagramEmailTwitter
PinterestBloglovinRSSGoodreads

I have 15 Lovely Comments, I would love to have yours... on Cherry Blossom Festival DC April 2013

Megan says:
    April 9, 2013

I’ve always wanted to see the Cherry Blossoms in DC! So Beautiful. And… it sounds like love was in the air, too?!… 😉

Megan says:
    April 9, 2013

I’ve always wanted to see the Cherry Blossoms in DC! SO beautiful! And.. it sounds like love was in the air, too?!… 😉

SEL says:
    April 9, 2013

Glad you had fun. You had the perfect weather.

I remember those walks from the Washington monument to Lincoln. Too bad the monument isn’t open again yet!

You can pre-order cupcakes at Georgetown Cupcakes, so you can bypass the line. But rest assured, you’re not missing out. Their cupcakes seem more about appearance than yumminess. (This coming from a baker)

P!nky says:
    April 9, 2013

That’s so awesome, so glad the cherry blossoms came out to play.

Sorry I couldn’t make it to meet you.

xoxo

Kenya says:
    April 9, 2013

In my town we have a cherry blossom festival that we go to every year! It is usually end of this month. I ill give you a heads up so you can come.

shay says:
    April 9, 2013

Sounds like the perfect day trip!

April 9, 2013

The cherry blossoms are so gorgeous there! 🙂

docksidelove says:
    April 9, 2013

I love love LOVE Cherry Blossoms. They are my favorite – and thankfully around the Vancouver area we have a TON of them. So pretty!!!

Lindy C says:
    April 9, 2013

I was there too on Saturday, of course I only live 45 mins. Where did you find the cherry blossoms? I felt like there weren’t a lot in bloom down by the tidal basin, of course that’s in comparison to previous years.

We also did almost the same memorials/monuments along the way! Glad you enjoyed the day too!

Lindy C says:
    April 9, 2013

I was there on Saturday too! Where did you find the amazing blossom pics? I didn’t many down at the tidal basin.

Glad you had a good time!

Mary Long says:
    April 9, 2013

Sounds like you have a perfect start to your weekend. Mr. Big truck seems like a great guy too :0)
    Cherry blossoms, Eastern Redbuds and Forsythia in bloom = My favorite part of spring

Nicole says:
    April 10, 2013

What a great getaway. I love cherry blossoms too. We lived in Japan and they are everywhere in the spring. Beautiful pics!

Valerie says:
    April 10, 2013

Like Nicole, I also lived in Japan and love the cherry blossoms. Right now I live in Georgia where pollen is swallowing us up! 🙂 Thank you for sharing your wonderful pictures with us. I never thought about enjoying the cherry blossoms from the Potomac. Definately on my list to do in teh future.