Labor of Love

Well friends I am super excited to say that the nursery is FINALLY done! I thought today I would share some pictures of it with you. Mr. Big Truck did all the painting and manual labor in the room and I did the decorating and little projects. It was something that we both poured a lot of labor and love into and we are both very happy with the way it came out. I am sure I will add things here and there but if nothing else gets added I am totally fine with that as well!

Walking into her room. We got that pink frame from Michael’s. It was actually just unfinished wood that I painted pink. Mr. Big Truck used chalk board paint and painted the door so we would be able to leave notes on it.

IMG_8908

The view every time I walk down the hallway.

IMG_8909

The ABC’s I made from a burlap canvas with wooden letters that I painted. The hanging poofs and ball are decorations that were left over from my shower. I thought it would be fun to add them in her room. Clearly her name starts with a A but I blocked out her full name. Sorry -no not really all that sorry. I got the A from Michael’s along with the burlap canvas and painted the A and the letters of her name which are glued on top of the A. The B-A-B-Y banner I got from PRBaker shop on Etsy. The furniture is from Buy Buy Baby. The chair is from Pottery Barn Kids.

IMG_8911

R-E-A-D letters are wooden letters I painted and decorated.

IMG_8912

We are not a fan of closet doors in this house so we just hung some long curtains in front of the closet for when I need to close it off. The bow holder hanging on the wall was made from a frame I picked up at Hobby Lobby. I had Mr. Big Truck spray paint it and then I attached some ribbon and called it a day. The headband holder on her dresser is just a glass jar with some headbands around it and the rest are in it. Girlfriend has more shoes than I know what to do with. Right now they are sitting on top of her dresser but I am sure eventually I will find somewhere else to put them.

IMG_8913

So yeah that is her room. We LOVE the way it came out and are super happy with it. Now it is time to sit and wait for Little Miss to make her appearance so she can be the finishing touch to the room.

**The pictures are sized weird so the room looks smaller than it really is.**

I have 16 Lovely Comments, I would love to have yours... on Labor of Love

Vicki says:
    May 6, 2014

Love everything about it! The colors, the hints of chevron – everything! I may have to hire you & Mr Big Truck to decorate my future babies nursery one day 😉

PS the curtain instead of closet doors? GENIUS!!!!

May 6, 2014

Awe thank you! It was like I said a labor of love! We are so happy with how it came out!

Meg says:
    May 6, 2014

AWWWW her little closet is so cute!! Will you be sharing her name after she’s born or will we know her as baby A?

May 6, 2014

Thanks! I love the way the closet came out too! We will not be sharing her name on the blog. She will go by Little Miss or A or Baby Big Truck.

pinky says:
    May 6, 2014

Looks gorgeous! She’ll be so happy there!

May 6, 2014

Thanks!

May 6, 2014

Her room is amazing!! 🙂 Every little details is perfect.

May 6, 2014

Thank you so much!

May 7, 2014

I was gonna say, I remember the room being bigger than the pictures are showing LOL

Dylan had that same chair (in denim blue) from Potter Barn Kids. He used the mess out of that thing until he was too big for it, lol.

The room came out amazing and I cannot wait for Little Miss to arrive. Won’t be long now 😀

Alison says:
    May 7, 2014

It’s beautiful!! I love it!! You guys did such a great job. Lucky girl! Love the curtain doors!! And the chalk board frame!

Mary Long says:
    May 7, 2014

The nursery is beautiful! A prefect place for Baby A to start her life. Great job guys!

Rachel says:
    May 8, 2014

Love it all! And I love the furniture! Good timing huh?!

May 10, 2014

Oh it is beautiful!!! You both did an awesome job! Definitely a perfect room for Baby A to grow in! I can’t wait to “meet” her! xoxo, Jess

danielle2922 says:
    May 19, 2014

I am such a dork and have been looking for a place to comment on your blog posts for WEEKS! It’s at the TOP, not the bottom, in case you were wondering. I absolutely LOVE her room!! SOOOOO, so cute! You guys did a phenomenal job- both of you. Sweet Little Miss is so blessed to have you. I know she wil love her room!

May 20, 2014

Ha! Yeah I think it took a few people a while to realize where the comment section was. No worries at all! We absolutely love her room and so far it seems as though she loves it too!