Having a toddler is exhausting.
Seriously I never knew what it meant to be tired until #babybigtruck became a toddler. That girl is no joke and seriously goes ALLLLLL day. No lie from the minute she wakes up until I put her to bed its non stop. I have even started referring to her has hurricane #babybigtruck.
I’ve been keeping a list of things that remind me of just how much of a toddler she really is.
1. By the time I put her to bed I too am ready for bed.
2. Our clean and orderly house looks like a tornado has hit it all day everyday.
3. We have 2 drawers in the kitchen that are dedicated to #babybigtruck now. In them you can find random kitchen tools that can not hurt her and on any give day you can typically find a stuffed Mickey Mouse in there along with other toys.
4. Dinner. I have become a pro at making dinner one-handed or while holding her.
5. Noise. It is all day everyday and you tend to tune it out.
6. I get excited when my favorite Disney Junior show comes on. HENRY HUGGLEMONSTER! No shame
7. Speaking of Disney Junior, I can sing every theme song to every show.
8. The Hot Dog Dance. Enough said. Even better is watching Mr. Big Truck do the dance.
9. I find kitchen utensils in the bathroom.
10. I find ducks in the bathtub.
11. Walking down the hallway is like trying to navigate a mine field. Books, random toys, clothes, sippy cups can all be found in our hallway at any given time.
12. Fruit is not safe in the house. #babybigtruck eats ALL the fruit.
13. Laying on the floor is not safe. Apparently my stomach is a trampoline. Who knew?
14. I can do nothing alone if #babybigtruck is awake. Gotta pee? She’s right there with me. Gotta get something from my room or hers? Peek-a-boo!
15. Miss Independent has shown up. Seriously if this little human wants to do something on her own she will let you know. Temper tantrums are in full effect in these parts lately and I have to say it takes all of me not to laugh some times.
These are just SOME of the things that I have jotted down. I will have to keep track of new things as they develop.