You Have It All Together

Hey friends!

Last Monday I was leaving bible study and one of the girls who also goes made a comment that I have been thinking about now for a week. She said:

“I don’t know how you do it you are always so put together.”

Now I won’t lie I was totally caught off guard on that. My first thought was Me?

We stopped and chatted for a bit she continued and said that when she gets home from work she changes. I get that I said I typically put sweats on when I get home from work. I continued and said that if I know I am going back out like on Mondays I do not change. I also told her that there was a point in my life when I just didn’t care what I looked like. Like legit I used to get up for work roll out of bed throw on workout clothes or whatever I happened to grab from my drawers and go.

What changed? Why now do I take the time to get myself put together on a daily basis?

When I was pregnant with #babybigtruck I was “forced” to put myself together. By forced I mean all my maternity clothes were nicer pieces. I was wearing more that just sweats and workout clothing. I started getting into a routine with putting myself together and I started to feel better about my self.

Also I was really spending time with the Lord and in 1 Timothy 2:9 it sys  “Likewise also that women should adorn themselves in respectable apparel, with modesty and self-control, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly attire,” that made me think more about how I was presenting myself to everyone around me. I most definitely was not putting my best self forward.

After I had #babybigtruck and I got myself back to my pre any weight and was able to wear my clothes again I really took stock and make it a point to get myself dressed and presentable everyday. Do I still wear sweats from time to time? Yes absolutely however I make sure that they are well fitted sweats so I do not look sloppy. I make sure that when I get home from work if I am going to be going somewhere outside of the house I do not get changed into comfy clothes until I am in for the night. It is not hard to invest time into your appearance and making yourself look put together.

#babybigtruck is now 18 months and I have not stopped putting effort into making myself look put together. If you don’t I would encourage you to try it for a week and see how you feel! Good luck!

I have 8 Lovely Comments, I would love to have yours... on You Have It All Together

Pinky says:
    November 16, 2015

I get caught up in the ‘I want to look presentable all the time’ and ‘I’ll never see these people again so why do I care’ back and forth. It sometimes depends on what I’m doing and my mood, but I am starting to care more than not care.

December 1, 2015

Ya know I think we all go through it at some point or anther but how we decide to deal with it and how much effort we put into ourselves is important I feel. I feel like when I spend a few minutes in the morning putting myself together I feel so much better for the entire day! Don’t get me wrong there are days when I just don’t care and I bum around in sweats all day but if I am going out in public I always make myself presentable now even if it is just jeans and a sweatshirt.

Melissa says:
    November 17, 2015

I am starting to care more about what I look like when I leave the house…. now that I go to work and actually see people during the day 🙂 Baby steps….

December 1, 2015

I think it is important to make sure you are happy with yourself and you feel good in your own skin! Good luck!

November 22, 2015

Yes, yes, yes!! I love all of this. I too feel so much better if I put a little effort into my looks. It’s actually something I am finding a true passion for! Happy weekend mama xoxo

December 1, 2015

YES! I absolutely feel so much better when I put a little effort in! Even if it is just jeans and a cute shirt it’s better than yoga pants and a sweatshirt!

Courtney B says:
    November 24, 2015

My SIL told me a few weeks ago that I’ve got it all together and I almost fell over! I am a new mom of two, I get ready like once a week, I’m exhausted, etc, ha! I do care about how I look but right now it’s priorities and most days I don’t have the time to get ready. I’ll get back into a groove someday, right?!

December 1, 2015

I think we all have to give ourselves a little grace ESPECIALLY after having a new baby -which by the way he is adorable!-but yes priorities is absolutely correct!